Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Move Over Art Linkletter


Art Linkletter made a career from quoting kids on his show Kids Say the Darndest Things.
I figure I'll test the waters and see how easy it is. Feedback encouraged.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"Alex, go to the bathroom."
"I did."
"Did you pee?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"There was no pee, just a fart."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"Daddy, can I have a peanut butter sandwich, but without peanuts?"
To some people this makes no sense, but we have two types of peanut butter in our house--crunchy and extra creamy.
Guess which kind he prefers?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"Grandpa, what's that?"
"That's a rooster."
"No, on his neck."
"That's a wattle. All roosters have one."
"Oh. Why does Grandma Pam have one?"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The very first time Alex asked me where he came from, I told him that mommy and I picked up the parts from a store and assembled him at home.
One day when he was three, he had a nosebleed.
When it finally stopped, he said: "We have to go back to the store and get a nose that doesn't leak."

No comments: